Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100




After many years of admiring Triumph motorcycles I finally bought one.  Its a 2012 Bonneville T-100, air-cooled, DOHC, 865cc parallel-twin.  For my options I chose the single seat with a luggage rack, a roadster windscreen and a center stand.  The color is two-tone Graphite and Phantom Black and I think it looks really cool.  No offense to my Harley friends, I looked at the new Harley's but I just couldn't do it.  Most of my friends ride Harley's and they out-number the Triumphs here at about 1000 to 1.  I just didn't see one I liked.  I know they are good motorcycles and American made but ever since I was a kid I wanted a Triumph.  As a kid, I remember watching the Fonz on the TV show "HAPPY DAYS" riding one, and Steve McQueen also riding one on the movie "THE GREAT ESCAPE".  These bikes have always stuck in my mind so I knew I had to someday own one.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats. I have one too, a 2012 T100 SE
    I want to put a windshield on it and I need help. Would like to get one that measures 20 inches from the curve above headlamp to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS:But I dont want a dual windshield, one of those two piece jobs. They are really ugly. What does yours measure?

    ReplyDelete